Re: Re: Re: Mouse too fast - where can I set DPI ?

On 12/11/2019 03:14 AM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Not exactly. I can change settings via TDE, but the effect has changed:
> Previously I could disable acceleration for my touchpoint, nowadays that
> does not work any more. For a touchpoint the model is e.g.:
>
> dx_screen = dx_touchpoint * (a_driver + a_TDE) + dx_touchpoint ^ (b_driver
> + b_TDE)
>
> Now "a_driver" and "b_driver" have changed (bigger as before) and the
> accepted values for "a_TDE" and "b_TDE" have change to > 0. So that's a
> problem TDE won't be able to fix :(
>
> The negative acceleration value for libinput that I came up with is just a
> hotfix/hack, it does not restore old behaviour but is better than what I
> had without.
>
> Oh, and it only affects the touchpoint (have I written "touchpad" earlier?
> ooops....)
>
> Nik

Can also be the result of the underlying libinput/xinput changing. libinput
for Wayland is appearing more and more there are some growing pains. Here are
a few references for mouse acceleration and libinput (and xinput and xset)

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_acceleration

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Libinput

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.