Re: extra small font size in "TDE Control Module"

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

Anno domini 14:35:02 Thu, 12 Dec 2019 +0100 (CET)
Felmon Davis scripsit:
On Thu, 12 Dec 2019, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

Anno domini 13:45:54 Thu, 12 Dec 2019 +0100 (CET)
Felmon Davis scripsit:
greetings, folks,

through inadvertence I wiped out my Linux partition. I restored my
files but I didn't have a backup of the system so I installed a new
version of q40s (which runs a version of TDE). I use a prior version
on another laptop I don't have access to right now.

then began the misadventures with font sizes in this HiDPI laptop; I
got some help from the list (thanks!) last yr with such problems on a
similar laptop.

I've wrestled them to the ground for the most part but the windows
labelled as "TDE Control Module" have teensy font size. where do I
find the file that regulates their appearance?

thanks for the advice.

fjd

First try to increase the DPI settings. If it works, you are done.
(~/.trinity/share/config/startupconfig:
kcmfonts_general_forcefontdpi="96")

yeah, that's already set.

Out of couriosity: what value did you put there and did it change "something"?

it's been 96.

I have tried something else (I believe '120', not sure why I picked that) and it improved some things and made other things worse - had me jumping from config file to config file. somehow I've achieved equilibrium with 96.

and Firefox is a demon! ended up writing userChrome.css rules but strangely Firefox-esr (68.3.0esr) seems to honor them but Firefox 71.0 seems to ignore them. (I did the magic of trying to force it to read the file, etc.)

fjd

Or change the global fonts in ~/.trinity/share/config/kdeglobals -

yeah, I have everything set in kdeglobals to what I consider
reasonable values.

but be prepared to go over the other config files in
~/.trinity/share/config/ , too, there are a lot of font configs to
be found. Just do "fgrep -i font ~/.trinity/share/config/" :)

alright, I see some values which might be pertinent. I've changed a
couple and will re-start the session at the next convenient
opportunity.

(note I have closed the session and I have re-booted several times
since a couple of days for these and other reasons.)

fjd

--
Felmon Davis
Pronouns: It / Them / Something