Re: Opensuse tumbleweed and trinity

On Sunday 01 of December 2019 02:08:06 BorgLabs - Kate Draven wrote:
> On Thursday 28 November 2019, list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi everyone.
> >
> > I have a PC with opensuse tumbleweed and trinity as desktop, all
> > working fine.
> >
> > Yesterday i upgrade the system and now i cant start the trinity
> > session.
> >
> > There was an erro setting up....... Could not read network connection
> > list .DCOPserver_
> >
> > Check that DCOp server is running
> >
> > So i check the the file  HOME/.xsession-errors and found:
> > Autentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
> > specidfied are supported and host-based authentication failed
> >

> > I search in google and found 2 points:
> >
> > 1)The hostname, i change it and same DCOP problem
> >
> > 2)libICE problem. specifically problem with version
> > libice-1.0.9-2 to libice-1.0.10-1
> >
> > i cant confirm the point 2. but plasma work fine. i dont know how
> > downgrade libice and i dont know how solve the problem
> >

> > Best Regards
> >
> > Christian
>
> Experience the same problem Christian, had to downgrade as well.
> There's a bug in the leasted version it seems.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kate

Hi,

in libICE it is not a bug, but an intention. For applications that use
IceAuthFileName(), this change is not a problem. However, in TDE we have
our own implementation of the IceAuthFileName() function and in several
places the path for ICEauthority file is built. Therefore, this change has
affected us. However, the patches are already ready. I've done testing,
but I'm waiting for more responses prior to merge.

See:
https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdelibs/pulls/55
https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdebase/pulls/103

Cheers