Re: No daemon tdm in /etc/init.d/

On Monday 25 November 2019 07:03:01 ajh-valmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since upgrade Debian Stretch => Buster,
> I do not have any more the daemon file "tdm" in "/etc/init.d/"
> (it was present in Stretch).
> So, the system doesn't boot on tde-trinity desktop.
>
> Is it norrmal ?
> What to do to have the daemon "tdm" in /etc/init.d/ as before ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> André

Did you try saving the files in question (config files, the tdm folder and
whatever is in it) from your older system. Before upgrading, I always back up
my old system. Most of the time, I can just copy the old settings over, and
everything works.

However, I have had problems with networking, in particular (for which there
are some older threads), as well as Kmail. (Both Gene and myself, I believe,
suffer from this malady.) Otherwise, my method is crude and simple, but works
without a hitch.

Bill

email
doctor_contendo@xxxxxxxx