Re: Re: [BULK] Re: [trinity-users] Re: [BULK] Re: [trinity-users] TDE featured in german magazine

On Wednesday 20 November 2019 11:22:28 am de.bug wrote:
> On 20.11.19 18:14, William Morder via trinity-users wrote:
> > Anyway, for the sake of others in the TDE group, if you would like to
> > converse sometimes by private email or chat or what-not, I wouldn't mind.
> > But we shouldn't do it here.
>
> Yes, much appreciated on a technical mailing list.

I believe many, if not most?, on this list consider the ramblings and
occasional insight into some other field of Gene, Bill, and the several other
characters on this list as "a good thing."  I’ve seen these threads usually
spiral come down to either of:

A) Do we truly want to abide by strict interpretations as to mailing list
etiquette so that this list is a sterile wasteland?  With the resultant loss
of members, and/or actual member readership, who might be able to solve your
posted issue?  And in extreme cases where the list becomes nothing more than
requests with no answers.

B) Or, are we willing to accept non-topical speech, given how easy it is to
skim, or completely skip, posts not interesting to ourselves?  With the
increase in total list membership that ‘fun things’ bring, thereby increasing
the chance that someone not only has the knowledge, but has actually opened
your request to even read it, to help you solve your posted issue?

While not related to this list at all, human psychology and group dynamics are
interesting fields.  Yeah, Gene ‘wasted’ our time, and it’s annoying for
those who aren’t interested in Gene, but lets not destroy the list over
trivialities.

If Gene’s posts, or anyone else's (mine?), annoy you, please just add them to
your ignore list...

Regards,
Michael