Re: Re: bind key to screenshot.

On Friday 08 November 2019 11:57:01 Uwe Brauer wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 November 2019 13:23:30 Uwe Brauer wrote:
> >
> > If you are really committed to a keyboard shortcut, look in TCC /
> > keyboard shortcuts / global shortcuts. I have ctrl-print and alt-print
> > for screenshots of window and desktop, respectively; and I believe that
> > they are the default shortcuts, as I can only recall using them by
> > mistake. This is one task for which I prefer to point and click rather
> > than using a command, because I want to be quick, to grab a shot before
> > it disappears.
>
> This does not work. I try to bind screenshots windows and desktop to
> some other keys but it does not work, I don't understand why

I am unsure what it is you want to do; please be more specific. Also, I am
working on a desktop, and trying to recall what keys are available on a
laptop, so I am limited.

If I follow what you say, you want to make a screenshot of desktop (not just
current window) by using only keystrokes, and without calling up ksnapshot or
some other program. Assuming that this can be done using only keystrokes or a
command, then you would need to specify where to save the file, among other
problems.

Look in TCC / regional & accessibility / keyboard shortcuts / global
shortcuts. You can modify your shortcuts there. I find it best to choose
multi-key mode when setting shortcuts. If your shortcuts don't work, then it
may be that you have an issue due to duplication: i.e., the same keystroke
sequence being used for some other function (although the system usually
prevents duplicates).

Bill