Re: Re: Update brings lightdm back

On Monday 21 October 2019 07:12:29 am Pisini, John wrote:
> A dist upgrade may reinstall it at some point if you have the space just
> leave it installed and use the dpkg-reconfigure lightdm thing you have been
> doing.

I had something similar with CentOS6 6-8 years back.  [Auto login pass
through?*] was seeming randomly flipping back to Gnome.   I finally tracked
it down to I had not specifically set a default desktop to use in that first
select a user/desktop screen.  Like you, when it happened, it only happened
after an update.

* Got no clue what that’s really called.

Worth a shot checking, but as others have said, might just be Debian/Gnome
deciding what’s “best for you.”

Best,
Michael

PS: John, please don’t top post :)