Re: Konqueror - Modify Right Click menu?

On Wednesday 07 August 2019 13:26:02 Michael wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way to modify the Right Click menu in Konqueror?
>
> Specifically I’m trying to get the first choice from “Open with” to be on
> the right click main menu.  Similar to when there is only one option to
> open the file type with (without having to delete all the available options
> but one).
>
> Before:
>
> Move to Trash
> Open with =>
> Preview with =>
> Actions =>
>
> Afterwards:
>
> Move to Trash
> Open with KWrite
> Open with =>
> Preview with =>
> Actions =>
>
> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> Ref:
> Submenu “Open with”:
>
> KWrite
> Kate
> Kedit
> Nano

We have covered this before somewhere in the list archives, maybe 6 months ago
now, but I got it for you.

2 ways to modify the right-click menu.

#1 is the quickie method: just right-click, look at the available options, but
choose the bottom option, "Other ..."; and then add your own choice, which
will then move to the top of your list of options.

#2 takes longer, but allows more possibilities. Click on
Konqueror / Settings / Configure Konqueror... / File Associations /
<application or file types, etc.>/

Now look at the right side, where one is given the full range of
possibilities; including, of course, stuff you don't want.

You can add or remove stuff from your right-click menu, change the order of
choices in the menu, as well as change the icons for those choices, if you
don't like the defaults; you can even create absurd options that will never
work, like (for example) opening an Open Office document with a media player,
or make it so a graphics file gets opened with a web browser.

(You probably don't want to do these things, of course; but you *could* create
such weird configurations in your menus, because nothing prevents it; which
could conceivably bork up your otherwise well-behaved system.)

Bill