TDE keyboard layout crashes when clicked on systray icon

Good day everyone,

has anybody seen this? I prepared a bug report. I'm not sure where I
should post it these days… TGW rather than bugzilla, I guess, right?

Problem:
When I click on the systray icon the xserver crashes fatally.

TDE configuration:
TDE keyboard layout is configured to provide de, de-neo, en-us keyboard
layouts in that order. Keyboard layouts are applied at program level.

Reproduce:
Click on desktop and/or program window and then click on keyboard layout
icon in systray.

Symptoms:
The screen goes black immediately and I have no more control via
keyboard or mouse. After ~20-25 seconds I can hear a beep from the
mainboard (it's a desktop PC), after another ~10-15 seconds I hear
another beep, and sometimes a third one, after which a console screen
appears from which I gather that Xorg crashed fatally.

Any advice welcome, thanks.

Kind regards,
Stefan