Re: to adjust the brigtness of the screen

On Friday 19 July 2019 03:44:33 andre_debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Friday 19 July 2019 12:12:53 Slávek Banko wrote:
> > Dne út 16. července 2019 andre_debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx napsal(a):
> > > Hello,
> > > ls -al /sys/class//backlight/
> > > intel_backlight ->
>  >
>  > ../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/drm/card0/card0-eDP-1/intel_backli
>  >ght
>  >
> > > ls -al /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/
> > > no file
> > > xbacklight is installed.
> > > To adjust the brightness :
> > > Menu => Trinity Configuration Center
> > > => Périphériques => Hardware Device Manager
> > > =>  Backlight => Intel HD Graphics 520
> > > and I can adjust the brightness from 0 to 100%,
> > > but the value is not keeped if I close the session.
> > > The default value = 62%
> >
> > Hi André,
> > you can install TDE Powersave and then adjust the brightness there.
> > Cheers
>
> Hello Slavek,
>
> It's what I did, "tde-powersave" installed.
>
> Where to adjust the brightness ?
>
> Only this solution :
> Menu => Trinity Configuration Center
> =>Peripheral devices => Hardware Device Manager
> =>  Backlight => Intel HD Graphics 520
> I can adjust from 0 to 100%,
> but the value is not saved if I close the session or reboot.
> The default value = 62%.
>
> When the computer pause begins (45min), the brightness becomes 5%,
> so low that I have to reboot the computer.
> My video card is Intel HD 520, but not dedicated,
> works with the processor and the RAM.
>
> Before, I could do that by "left button mouse",
> Desktop configuration => Display => Energy Control.
> But, this possiblity has disappeared, only gamma configuration.
>
> With another laptop, dedicated video card, (nvidia or ATI), it works fine.
>
> Thanks, regards,
>
> André

In my own system, I have a config file that could be what you're searching
for. Look here:

/home/<your_top_secret_superhero_identity>/.kde/share/config/tdepowersaverc

Now, *caveat lector* on this point; I was combing through my system to find my
old KDE3 config files, and to convert them to TDE config files. Sometimes
they keep the same old folder as before in KDE3; in other cases, I needed to
transfer them to the appropriate folder, e.g., into /opt/trinity/share; but
have discovered that this is not always a simple equation of KDE3 to TDE.

Sometimes these config files keep the same old folder as in KDE3, sometimes
not; then again, sometimes they get changed from plaintext files to xml or
kcfg, etc.; yet again, they sometimes disappear completely, or get moved to
somewhere that ordinary users will never find.

In any case, I can find no corresponding KDE config file of any sort.

Anyway, tdepowersaverc is a plaintext config file, and (assuming it's still
valid) you can probably insert some lines to get it to do what you want.

Bill