Re: Has systemd broken Debian this time?

On 14/07/2019 22:49, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
So, I decided to try Debian 10. The install was uneventful.

Fun started when I wanted to "remove" systemd, using the recipe given here
before: install install sysv-rc and sysvinit-core. It worked but... it
removed network-manager and lightdm (and others I did not have time to write
down). AT the next reboot there is a looooong wait at: starting system
message : dbus, then all I get is a command line login. I log and there is
another delay before getting a prompt. Network in unreachable and I can
hardly install without it :((

I had installed with xfce, I can try with some other DE. Or install TDE and
hope removing systemd won't wreck everything beyond repair...

Anyone got Buster running without systemd? Otherwise I'll wait for Devuan to
release its Buster equivalent.

For those Systemd agnostics' (but still Deb focused), there's also Antix
(https://antixlinux.com/antix-19-b2-full-64-and-32-bit-available/) as
alternatives.

Their last beta is running fine here (didn't give  their installer a try
though!).

Cheers!