Re: switching from gnome to tde on stretch, what do I edit?

On Thursday 04 April 2019 07:01:11 am Gene Heskett wrote:
> And it won't boot, grub, by the time its installed, is too far into the
> drive, and this dumbassed bios can't find it. So I'got to rethink my
> partitioning scheme to add a 250 meg /boot up front...

Here's my dumb bios partitions:

michael@local [/media/michael]# lsblk
NAME                           MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE  MOUNTPOINT
sda                              8:0    0 465.8G  0 disk
├─sda1                           8:1    0   243M  0 part  /boot
├─sda2                           8:2    0     1K  0 part
└─sda5                           8:5    0 465.5G  0 part
  └─sda5_crypt (dm-0)          252:0    0 465.5G  0 crypt
    ├─ubuntu--vg-root (dm-1)   252:1    0 461.5G  0 lvm   /
    └─ubuntu--vg-swap_1 (dm-2) 252:2    0     4G  0 lvm   [SWAP]

Hope that helps??  And that email doesn't eat it beyond readability...

> > Ok ... thing one: don't use "sudo", use "su". "sudo" is like a choir

In a sudo choked distribution you can use 'sudo -i' to open a root prompt.

{snip}
> with.  And thosee fpga boards take care of the high speed timings so it
> all runs on a 1 millisecond main IRQ loop.  Power to throw away on a
> dual core atom. Plenty of time left to drive your eye candy which I am
> not allergic to writing. That also explains why those nearly decade old
> atom boards sell on ebay for more that they sold for new. Intel
> accidently made us machine tool people an ideal board.
>
> But I'd better shaddup go see what the missus wants for breakfast.

Hi Gene,

I know most of what you write has no real relation to TDE, but please don't
stop :)  I for one find it fascinating and informative, especially since it
all seems transferable and translatable to home automation control systems,
of which I will be tinkering with in a few months.

Best,
Michael