Re: kmail has become essentially unusable

On Sunday 31 March 2019 14:36:35 Mike Bird wrote:

> On Sun March 31 2019 09:26:27 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > There are around 60100 messages in that folder
>
> I have around 350K messages in kmail/imap but not more than 14K
> in any one folder and most folders much smaller.
>
> No problems and much faster.
>
> It's easy to organize older files into yearly or even monthly
> folders and kmail can easily search recursively.

Ok, I've used kmail to make new folders named 2001, yadda yadda.
Then used kmail to move, sorted by date, each year into its subdir.

And I've adjusted that particular filter to put new messages in emc/2019,
which I'll obviously have to fix next new years.

Thats working well and kmail has regained much of its former snappiness.

Just one problem remains. How do I get rid of the old years in the
lefthand folder display, its now about 20 names taller than the screen.

Thanks Mike.

> --Mike

> list messages on the web archive:
> http://trinity-users.pearsoncomputing.net/ Please remember not to