Re: WYSIWYG HTML editor that outputs clean HTML code?

On Thursday 24 January 2019 04:11:17 am iadest@xxxxx wrote:
> Hello
> I don't know what you're trying to do, but You are asking for something
> modern Internet has not invented.

Hi All,

I’ve pretty much done like Jonesy through the years.  If I needed to do
something not in a  CMS’s WYSIWYG editor, I’ve written everything in OO/LO
Writer and then used NoteTab Pro to apply HTML markup.

Like probably most of us, I look every 5-10 years for this concept, and sadly
I didn’t find anything close to a WYSIWYG editor that just outputs plain HTML
this time either.  It seems utterly stupid that LO Writer can’t do this.

I did try several of the suggestions given and I liked Quanta Plus the best:

# quanta -version
Qt: 3.5.0
TDE: R14.0.4
Quanta: 3.5.13

Package: quanta-trinity
Source: tdewebdev-trinity

- Quanta is better than NoteTab Pro at CSS highlighting.
- NoteTab Pro is better than most HTML editors as it also includes a Clipcode
programming language. *

Okay, “better” is my personal opinion...  I’ve probably written 10’s of
thousands of lines of Clipcode over the last 20 years, so I’m a bit biased...

Oh well, thanks for all the thoughts and comments.

Best,
Michael

* One example, you can make a copy the H2 clip and then modify it so it both
creates a H2 with a named anchor and creates the associated table of content
entry with the text you’ve selected.  If you ever need help with it, drop me
a line...