Re: Issues with SHIFT-ALT-TAB on R14.0.5

On Thursday 17 January 2019 16:21:23 Dan Youngquist wrote:
> On 01/17/2019 04:08 PM, Michael wrote:
> > MX-18
> >
> > ALT-TAB works.
> > SHIFT-ALT-TAB doesn’t, it moves the selection down the list instead of
> > up.
> >
> > Anyone else having issues with SHIFT-ALT-TAB on R14.0.5?
>
> I've had that issue ever since I switched to MX (and Antix on one machine).
> I attribute it to MX/Antix because that's when it started.  Haven't got
> around to tracking down the solution, but I'd like to find it.

AntiX has a lot to recommend it: small, clean, fast, systemd-free ... However,
it did a few things I didn't like, too. I noticed that it changed permissions
in my home folder. I've never had a distro do *that* before.

Not saying that it has to do with permissions (which seems unlikely), but I
would guess that you need to go into
Trinity Control Center / Regional & Accessibility / Keyboard Shortcuts
and check your settings there. I had something similar happen when I changed
from Kubuntu to Debian; not quite what you described, but my keyboard
shortcuts had been changed. After a little futzing round, I got everything to
work the same as before.

I'm just guessing that the MX/AntiX system may be doing something like that
for new installations.

Bill