Can't run tdesu any more (openSuSE)

Hello all,

I just followed my systems proposal (on openSUSE) to update lots of things and
there has been a change that I don't really master.

Before the update, I could start programs that need root rights (such as Yast)
with: tdesu <program>, and enter the password.

After the upgrade, it no more works (the password window stays there and does
not accept the password). Calling it from the command line brings:

      Daemon not safe (no sgid), not using it

A search suggested (for KDE's kdesu) chmod G+S but this brings:
        The TDE binaries are not designed to be run with suid priviledges

So:

a) is this something new with newer kernels - so the problem will come to
Debian soon?

b) is there a solution