Re: Trinity on OpenBSD?

Am Freitag, 21. Dezember 2018 schrieb Hawke R:
Greetings,
I have been very happy to be using Trinity for the past year. Though not a
Debian fan, at least Trinity has given me back the much more productive
KDE3 experience (compared to other DE's), and has run very well. So much
better than the other DEs.
I see that there was an announcement of a partial port to FreeBSD in 2016.
Has anyone made any effort, or better yet had any success, with getting
Trinity running on OpenBSD? Is it even remotely possible for an end-user to
make the existing source work on OBSD? Or is it only possible if developers
put in the effort?
I have setup a VM with OBSD to try, but before wading in would appreciate
knowing if it is even remotely possible and any pointers for resources to
get started doing so on OBSD.
Thanks kindly!
-Hawke

Hi!

I build my FreeBSD stuff from this git repository (FreeBSD is in the r14.0.x branch, not master): https://anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/scm/git/tde-packaging

There's also a openbsd folder in there, but that says "14.0.0". I suggest you just clone the repository and try to build on OpenBSD. No matter if it fails or not, please come back here and post your findings :-)

Nik

As suggested by Dr. Nikolaus Klepp, you should give this a try, François made those ports for OpenBSD and I'm craving to know whether if they still work or not.

Regards.