Re: Re: ugly VLC after Stretch

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018, Kate Draven wrote:

a new wrinkle - hadn't noticed but the menu options in OpenOffice are
now only visible if you pass the mouse cursor over them.

weird.

the laptop is an ASUS UX305F.

no such problems until Stretch. of course, I may have mangled the
update somehow.

tried a reboot also. this thing usually runs 24/7.

f.

--
Felmon Davis

Hi Felmon

I've experience that before. It's a theming problem.
Change your gtk settings on kcontrol until you find one that works and that
you like. Install gtk theme to use.

For gtk2, I use qtcurve. You need to install both tde and kde versions.
For gtk3, I use default or adwaita.

For fonts I use tde fonts.

Good luck, let me know if this helps.

Kate

I tried qtcurve but no relief (either in OpenOffice or in VLC). (of course I restarted the programs.)

strange, apt-get says 'adwaita' is installed but I don't see it in kcontrol as an option under 'GTK Styles and Fonts'. is that the wrong place?

I tire of the chase and am considering returning to Jessie though I fear the current problems will follow me.

I mainly moved to Stretch because of one application and because "it was time" (and I needed an excuse to procrastinate). I find I don't need that application and I have little time left for procrastination.

f.

--
Felmon Davis