Re: Network manager tray icon?

On Saturday 08 December 2018 09:44:01 am Γιώργος Κωστόπουλος wrote:
> Στις Σάβ, 8 Δεκ 2018 στις 4:45 μ.μ., ο/η Michele Calgaro via
>
> trinity-users <trinity-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
> >
> > On 2018/12/08 07:50 PM, Γιώργος Κωστόπουλος wrote:
> > > Hi! :-)
> > >
> > > I can't see any network manager tray icon. Is it normal?
> > >
> > > I also tried Wicd, but it doesn't have any icon either. Am I missing
> > > something? :-) TIA! G.
> >
> > If you are using an older version of TDE (I think before R14.0.4), some
> > of the tray icons had problems and were displayed as a single pixel size.
> > But if you are using the latest versions, this bug has been fixed. Hope
> > this helps :-)
> > Cheers
> >   Michele
>
> I'm using the latest version, but I installed it at Devuan ASCII,
> which is not officially supported yet.
> I think I'll skip for the time being and I'll retry when Beowulf (the
> next Devuan version) will be out (which will be officially supported).

I have a Devuan ASCII / TDE from a clean, minimal install.  In Devuan I only
installed network and shell tools.  The network manager tray icon populates
and works normally.  (I've never heard any sound, so sound may, or may not,
be an issue though.)

If you installed other desktops they may be conflicting the network manager.
The box I'm typing on (Ubuntu/TDE) the network manager is a Gnome app.  Gnome
was installed at one point, but since removed.  There are other Gnome apps
still installed as well.  How/Why the Gnome apps invaded the TDE desktop I've
never understood (and it works well enough, so I never bothered).

Hope that helps,
Michael