Re: Re: Sound quality problem.

On Tuesday 27 November 2018, Γιώργος Κωστόπουλος wrote:
> > > The only sound option that works is ALSA and its quality is very low.
> > > Any hints?
> >
> > I am not an oracle, you must provide more information. I don't use
> > devuan, but alsa should be the same - did you try alsamixer ?
>
> Ehm...how? :-)
>
> The only option that worked for me, was the "Advanced Linux Sound
> Architecture". G.

Another option is to go into the bios, disable sound, boot to desktop, shut it
down, enter bios again, enable sound and reboot to desktop. That's helped me
recently with onboard intel ac97 audio. Once I did that, the sound was clear
and full, as opposed to weak and tin.

also see if you can install apulse, just in case.

Kate
PS ALSA is also the sound engine I use.