Re: antiX - debian-based distro - no systemd

On Tuesday 07 August 2018 03.34:44 E. Liddell wrote:
> If I recall correctly, apulse was originally created as a shim for the
> desktop version of Skype.

apulse did not work well on my machine (that - unfortunately - has hdmi that I
don't use but regularely comes back as card number 0...). Replacing with
pulseaudio does the trick (at least for the moment).

I also had the surprise that TDE install did not install tdm... had to do this
myself.

Apart from that, I could copy all my settings from Debian 9 and it seems I can
forget systemd...

Ah, Debian sees my harddisc as /dev/sdb but AntiX as /dev/sda (so I presume it
does not see the ooold zip drive that I am too lazy to remove...)

Anyone know a mixer for pulseaudio that let's you setup 7.1 sound? I have
sound but I can't balance the rear loudspeakers...

Thierry