Re: After recent upgrade on PSB: Not starting Trinity Display Manager

On Saturday 14 July 2018 15:44:19 Mike Bird wrote:
> On Sat July 14 2018 14:38:56 Stefan Krusche wrote:
> > manager to /usr/bin/slim not depending on the way I changed default dm,
> > manually or with dpkg-reconfigure.
> >
> > Note: dpkg-reconfigure slim says:
> > Please be sure to run "dpkg --configure tdm-trinity".
> >
> > But also after doing so, the faulty behavior persists. See below.
> >
> > So, I should create a bug report in trinity bugzilla, I think.
>
> Slim has had bugs in this area for years, e.g.:

> I don't see what this has to do with Trinity.
>
> --Mike

I think it's just that slim gets installed (or configured) as our default
display manager, regardless what we do. On Devuan, anyway, that's what
started happening to me. Maybe it's happening in Debian, too.

It indirectly affects Trinity, if we cannot get tdm-trinity as our default
display manager.

Bill