Retitle: klaptopdaemon won't start

On Tue July 3 2018 14:43:59 dep wrote:
> ... what is significant is that i cannot
> find where or how to get klaptop's daemon running, because the information
> it renders is important. and yes, i have installed it. it is listed as a
> service that is not running. i need to convert it to a service that *is*
> running.

Hi Dep,

Please try Trinity Control Center / Peripherals / Laptop Battery /
Start Battery Monitor.

If the last step doesn't do anything try clicking on the other tabs
and they may tell you that your kernel is missing some ACPI options.

A lot of this functionality has moved from /proc/acpi to /sys and
this application may not yet be updated.

In related news I suspect that although it starts TDEPowerSave it is
no longer actually controlling much.

--Mike