Re: Re: Re: starting kweather?

On Tuesday 03 July 2018 14:12:43 dep wrote:
> On July 3, 2018 2:40 PM, Kate Draven <borglabs4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I think what's you're looking for is the trinity-tdepowersave. You may
> > want to
> >
> > install trinity-tdeutils which includes "klaptopdeamon" which is what I
> > think
> >
> > you are looking for. Make sure you have all that installed, and it's a
> > system
> >
> > tray item, not a applet.
>
> okay, no. it's tedutils-trinity, tdepowersave-trinity, and klaptop-trinity.
>
> > Make sure you have the package for kweather installed too, which is
> >
> > trinity-kweather.
>
> no, it's kweather-trinity. but thanks.
>
> now, returning to my question: how do i get these running on my machine?
>
> ​dep
>
> Sent withProtonMailSecure Email. Because privacy matters.​

I answered this before the thread got sucked into a group vortex of silliness.

That item, kweather-trinity, is an app that you can add to your panel.
Right-click on the panel to unlock, then right-click again and you will see a
menu of choices, add applets, add applications, etc.

kweather is listed in the applets.

Once added to your panel, you can change its placement; look for the little
arrows either directly above the icon, or sometimes to the left. Click on
them and choose to move the item(s) in the panel to wherever you want. Until
you lock the panel, they might jump round a bit and drive you nuts; I found
that even after I had locked the panel, I had items moving with a mind of
their own. But after I waited through some reboots, it settled down nicely.

That's why I don't mess with it now. Once I get it set, I leave it alone. I
believe that Nik or somebody else has confirmed this, too.

Bill