today's immature bothersome question

in my seemingly never-ending attempt to equip the GPD device with TDE and optimize its configuration, i'm trying to set the screen not to just blank but to power down when the screensaver is called. but when i get to kcontrol > system administration > monitor & display, i get:

Will not save configuration

Configuration file "/home/dep/trinity/share/config/kiccconfigrc" not writeable.

Please contsact your system administrator.

So I got up and walked into the other room, where there is a mirror, and contacted myself face-to-face, but it got no better. And looking in the referenced directory I see that it, alone among the config files there, has root ownership and instead of the plain text file icon has one of the little question-mark icons signifying an unknown filetype. if i try to open it with kate, it is blank. it is *not* a symlink.

before i break smething i thought i'd ask -- is there any reason this file has these atributes?

​dep

Sent withProtonMailSecure Email. Because privacy matters.​