Re: the continuing drama of tiny computers

On Saturday 30 June 2018 07:48:10 Slávek Banko wrote:
> On Saturday 30 of June 2018 16:02:05 dep wrote:
> > greets, everybody . . .
> >
> > it occurred to me that some of the immediae scaling issue might be
> > resolved by installing the trinity remix of libreoffice. but, alas, it
> > seems that neither the keyserver nor the repository can be found. has
> > libreoffice-trinity been deprecated?
> >

> > ​dep
> >
> > Sent withProtonMailSecure Email. Because privacy matters.​
>
> Libreoffice-trinity is available only for Debian 7.x (Wheezy), 8.0
> (Jessie) and Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty). For other versions of distributions
> you have to use LibreOffice without TDE integration.
>
> Cheers

This may or may not help you, but I'll put it out there, anyway.

I don't use LibreOffice myself, and prefer the OpenOffice version that has
been kept alive by Apache. (There are certain quirks in LibreOffice that mess
up my existing documents, and I don't want to have to change everything, to
redo formatting, etc.)

It may be that OpenOffice could solve your issues, or not?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/apacheoo-deb/files/
For what it's worth, I have hardly ever used LibreOffice, but rather have
stuck with OpenOffice continuously for 20 years or so.

In any case, OpenOffice works very well for me, and I've been running it in
Windoze 2000 Pro, KDE3, KDE4 and TDE desktops. It also integrates with my
color scheme, and works in Trinity the same as it did years ago on Kubuntu
Hardy Heron 8.04 KDE3. However, your results may vary!

If you want to add the lines to your sources list:
########
# Open Office - Apache - unofficial repositories
# sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 90127F5B

# deb http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/apacheoo-deb/debian <version>
main

deb http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/apacheoo-deb/debian testing main

########

Like Trinity, it will install by default in your /opt folder.

As far as I recall, the same packages are used for Ubuntu or Debian, and
instructions are to use testing, no matter what version you run on your
machine. There are also some specific instructions for how to go about
purging LibreOffice stuff, then reinstalling OpenOffice. If you want to do
this, I will send my instructions, as well. It's a little tricky to get
started, at least the first time or two, but after that it has worked without
a hitch.

Bill