Re: Re: restoring my thinkpad X200 to life

On Saturday 23 June 2018 16:10:20 dep wrote:
> On June 23, 2018 6:01 PM, deloptes <deloptes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > it might be that it is soft blocked - check rfkill
> >
> > rfkill list
>
> 0: tpacpi_bluetooth_sw: Bluetooth
>         Soft blocked: no
>         Hard blocked: no
> 1: tpacpi_wwan_sw: Wireless WAN
>         Soft blocked: no
>         Hard blocked: no
> 3: phy0: Wireless LAN
>         Soft blocked: no
>         Hard blocked: no
> 4: hci0: Bluetooth
>         Soft blocked: yes
>         Hard blocked: no
>
> > also it would be interesting to see what /sbin/iwconfig shows
>
> wwp0s29f7u4i7  no wireless extensions.
>
> enp0s25   no wireless extensions.
>
> lo        no wireless extensions.
>
> wls1      IEEE 802.11  ESSID:off/any
>           Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=0 dBm
>           Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>           Power Management:off
>
> does this provide anything useful?
>

> ​dep
>
> Sent withProtonMailSecure Email. Because privacy matters.​

I believe that any packages marked zd1211 plus firmware are actually for my
usb wifi antenna, but have you tried them? Also, I seem to recall you wrote
Intel, so look for any firmware related to that.

When all else fails, I search for any packages marked network, wifi, wireless,
firmware, etc., and try them unless apt rejects them. Also, of course, I read
the descriptions of the packages until something rings a bell.

Like you said, everything usually just works....

Bill