Re: Re: Re: TOTALLY off-topic - got a puzzle meets dinosaurs

On 06/19/2018 03:05 PM, William Morder wrote:

On Sunday 17 June 2018 07:17:54 Gene Heskett wrote:
On Sunday 17 June 2018 09:46:34 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
Am Sonntag, 17. Juni 2018 schrieb William Morder:
On Sunday 17 June 2018 06:05:04 Thierry de Coulon wrote:
On Sunday 17 June 2018 14.18:43 William Morder wrote:
Every time I use the new KDE Plasma, I get so frustrated that I
want to break something. The same goes for whenever I have to
use other people's computers, especially if they run Windoze or
the rotten Apple; and it's even worse when I have to use a
public computer.

The only thing that worries me is that I am becoming my own
island, which is maybe not so good. I am thinking maybe of
running a virtual box inside my Linux machine, in which I can
run Windoze or the rotten Apple or some other Linux OS, just to
keep up a little with changes that are going on "out there".

I could have written this, or most of it. I don't know if it helps
knowing you're not alone...

Thierry

The Trinity users list is becoming my entire social life. I also
wonder if maybe this is not healthy. On the other hand, fewer and
fewer people "out there" seem to be really sane; and when I must use
their computers, this worries me even more.

When I was mostly offline for a few days, trying to migrate from
Debian to Devuan, I got 44 emails, of which 43 were from the TDE
mailing list.

Tomorrow, at any rate, I shall try to make it downstairs, past the
front desk, beyond the ice machine, and to go outdoors, maybe even
as far as the library and the farmers market. Also, I need coffee.

Probably the caffein withdrawal is what makes real trouble :-) (just
conted: 4 kg coffee left *phiew*)

Must be more than one container then. On this side of the pond, a 3 lb
can is a big one, I get nervous when I am down to the last can. For use,
that can gets dumped into a smaller plastic can with a handle that works
much better for filling the Mr. Coffee for another 12 cups of Gods
Blessing.

I've been known to have 4 of the big cans on top of the fridge, buying it
when its on sale at under 7 dollars a can. Wouldn't want to run out
between sales now would we?

Nik

I, too, shop for the sales, but nowadays I am a coffee snob (thanks to a
former girlfriend, since about 30 years ago now). I spend at least $30-40
every month on the stuff. But I only like it strong and black, so at least I
save money by not needing to adulterate the elixir of enlightenment with
cream and sugar, etc.

I feel people who put cream and sugar in their coffee do not like coffee, plus the cream and sugar will give you stomach problems.

It's rather an expensive habit, and probably qualifies as an addiction, but
then as I get older, I have fewer and fewer dependable pleasures, so by that
measure it's cheap. It also goes well with reading, and a good book is a
friend for life.

Bill

When I start reading a Louis LaMoore book I can not put it down, his study on American History is one of the best and the way he tells a story fascinates me. I have crates full of his books and I have read them all, not one of them was a bad story. Many of his story's have been made to film.
 https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0478263/
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_L%27Amour
--
Jimmy Johnson

Devuan Jessie - TDE Trinity R14.0.4 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda2
Registered Linux User #380263