Re: TOTALLY off-topic - got a puzzle meets dinosaurs

On 2018-06-18 20:46:25 dep wrote:
> said Kate Draven:
> | Oh I didn't forget MC, but it's a "CLI" file manager (and a mighty one),
> | but not a graphical one.
> |
> | I disagree with Konqueror being a wannabe. It's a fantastic tool with
> | infinite uses. You just have to know how to use it. Krusader is a great
> | one too, again, if you know how to use it.
>
> and i think that both are necessary. the very first thing i install in a
> new linux setup is midnight commander -- the height of achievement by
> miguel de icaza, who in his declining career first invented gnome then
> went to work for msft. (a nice guy, though -- i interviewed him in boston
> when he was still doing ximian.) mc will get you out of all kinds of
> trouble. and "sudo mc" in a terminal is maybe the most practical desktop
> shortcut to a world of things.
>
> and for regular file management from the desktop, nothing touches
> konqueror.

	Well, I've found that Konqueror Very Often misrenders modern websites, but
IMO it's probably the best all-around file manager I've used; very flexible
due to splittable panes, kio slaves, etc.
	I do miss KDE's Image View, which I think is better than the one in Trinity's
Konqueror, but otherwise, Konqueror rocks as a file manager.

Leslie