Re: can't install TDE on stretch, no release file in any tde repo for stretch

On 06/17/2018 02:06 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Sunday 17 June 2018 13:16:32 Sl�vek Banko wrote:

On Sunday 17 of June 2018 18:53:34 Gene Heskett wrote:
So I tried setting it back to jessie, but all that got me was a sea
of red or outright refusal to even mark it for install.

Stretch has been out for quite a while, so whats the magic potion
folks?

Did you set up apt source for Preliminary Stable Builds? Here is the
Release file properly as it should be. See:

   http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity-sb/dists/stretch/

Cheers

I've tried a few times to install the stable builds from Jessie on ascii/stretch and have failed. But have not tried using the source packages yet and that's something to try for another day.

As Slavek has said the preliminary builds work swell.

No, didn't know I was supposed to... Printed, I'll see about doing that
when next booted to stretch. If I have to make the debs, this looks like
a half day project for this old q core phenom.

My youngest and his woman just called from the motel, said they'd grab a
bite and take a shower, then be out for an hour or maybe 2.  38 some
hours on the road so I'd imagine he's low on sleep. They won't be headed
back west till wed morning so I don't expect to have any extended
periods of time to tinker with this till the middle of the week.

Thanks Slavek

Take care now.

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Devuan Jessie - TDE Trinity R14.0.4 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda2
Registered Linux User #380263