Re: TOTALLY off-topic - got a puzzle meets dinosaurs

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018, Kate Draven wrote:

Bill,

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have to work with crackmonkey clients. Both
itblows and snapple. They keep saying how there's SO much more software for
them and yet none of it is useful. Just games. Useless file managers (all
hail Konqueror, which is aptly named) and the CLI (via konsole).

I have been using a Windows 10 Pro laptop to avoid potential hassles with the college system and have gotten some modest acquaintance with it; it's also fun to tool around with a different OS.

the impression I get is one is better able to use features of some brand-name printers. this may be useful depending on one's needs. I haven't taken much advantage of it.

I find the privacy settings pretty obscure and I am bedevilled by the automatic upgrades; I find the lack of control abominable -- 'my' PC my butt! I have been able to block 'features updates' with some regedit magic.

I do like to run different distros but I only use one for work. Currently Ark
Linux 2008 and Ali's BigDaddy. I'm hoping to retire Ark for BigDaddy or
Slackware if and when TDE makes it there. I hope to gain enough skill to do
it meself.

never heard of 'BigDaddy' -- fitting for the day! unlike you, I guess I'm kind of monogamous when it comes to Linux. don't do much with the 'desktop' anyway except launch applications.

f.

--
Felmon Davis