Re: Disabling USB hard drive auto mount

Am Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 schrieb Kate Draven:
> On Wednesday 13 June 2018, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 schrieb Kate Draven:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > I agree, it is a pclos thing. They use udisks2. Which is notorious for
> > > automount problems. I can't uninstall it because trinity is dependant on
> > > it. I know how to edit the fstab, but would rather not. It's also not
> > > going to help because it's rarely the same drive twice. This becomes a
> > > problem when/because I'm working on client drive data recovery.
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > You can install "pmount" and purge "udisks2". That's what I did, and it
> > works (on devuan, that is).
> >
> > Nik
>
> You're thinking along the same lines as I was. I did have pmount installed but
> couldn't purge udisks2 as trinity seems to be dependant on it.
> I'm doing a clean install since I suspect I screwed up somewhere. User error
> is often the case.
>
> I'll update once I've completed some experiments.
>
> Kate

Hm ... if you have "aptitude", then please try "aptitude why udisks", that should give you a reason why udisks2 is kept.

$ aptitude why pmount
i   tdebase-trinity               Hängt ab von tdebase-tdeio-plugins-trinity (>= 4:14.0.5~pre36-0debian9.0.0+6)
i A tdebase-tdeio-plugins-trinity Empfiehlt    udisks2 | udisks | pmount

TDE can live without udisks2 | udisks | pmount, just mounting/unmounting will not work.