Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HP laptop volume keys don't work

wofgdkncxojef@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> i rebooted, didn't change anything.
> mute used to work properly before i played with it
> it was just the volume buttins tat didn't work before
> i don't think that it's a driver issue.

I - in general - admit that kmix is not perfect, but for me it seems to
mute/unmute w/o issue.

kmix is listed also in dcop, so can you start kdcop and find kmix in the
list, then select Mixer0, expand and execute the toggleMasterMute()
function. Execute second time to unmute.
This way we know if it is the buttons or kmix.

I think Mixer0 should match pulseaudio and should provide the master. Do you
use pulseaudio at all?

regards