Re: still plugging along with gemini

On May 10, 2018 10:51 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> dep composed on 2018-05-10 22:20 (UTC-0400):

> > The guys plugged in an x2 zoom such that it's effectively 1080x540. If it
>
> Plugged in where and how?

Good question, and one for which I have no answer. I was on chat with some of the Linux-for-Gemini developers as I was setting up the machine, and I mentioned that changing the dpi from 4XX to 2XX might make my tired old eyes better able to see stuff on the screen. Whereupon it was said that as shipped it had a x2 zoom factor built in.

> Xft.dpi is the foundation on which Gnome/GTK built its zoom knob. You should try
>
> incorporating it instead of kludging around it. Set it in Xresources (or TDE
>
> desktop settings if it offers something close enough to what Xorg is or you
>
> want) to whatever DPI number xdpyinfo or tdecmshell xserver reports and work
>
> from there, keeping resolution at your display's native.

I am most very interested in this, and have no experience with it. I changed DPI long ago (how long? Well, it was in xf86config) and I think maybe in a KDE setting once or twice. But I know nothing of a zoom knob or where I might experiment with it. Any advice/help with it would be appreciated.

​dep

Sent withProtonMailSecure Email. Because privacy matters.​