Re: Help with HDMI audio please!

Jimmy Johnson wrote:

> I'm trying to setup Trinity with No-Systemd and get a good HDMI
> connection for both audio and video, it seems with systemd this is no
> problem and without systemd it's a hit and miss thing, if I keep at it I
> can get it working but I don't know what I'm doing and get frustrated. I
> have 3 multimedia computers one has nvidia and I'm watching video and I
> have audio, I can turn audio down using the video player vol control but
> the tde-mixer or pulseaudio vol control are not working.  The other two
> are Intel audio and video and I feel lucky to get audio at all,
> sometimes it's just video and when I go to the konsole and type $
> 'pulseaudio --start' I can get audio.  Any help to get all this to
> working auto-magic would be greatly appreciated.

first of all for desktop use there are some adventages with systemd, though
I have not yet found it out. I use Debian, but with sysv-rc and init.

Secondly did you try removing your ~/.pulse directory, or ~/.config/pulse

Lastly is pulseaudio configured to start automatically?
cat /etc/pulse/client.conf | grep autospawn

autospawn can be set also in your ~/.pulse directory, or ~/.config/pulse