Re: Re: Update on the Gemini Linux/Android phone

On Feb 19, 2018, at 4:55 PM, Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On Monday 19 February 2018 19.30:27 deloptes wrote:
>> dep wrote:
> (...)
>> In general you are right, but I don't know that TDE would have a UI
>> suitable for tablet.
>
> TDE works fairly well as a Tablet UI, I mean not worse than the other Linux UI
> I could try. You basically use your finger as a mouse...
>
> So the problem is the size of the objects, and the question may be to know
> if "finger sized" UI elements are not too big for the Gemini screen.
>
> It works well on a 12-inch screen.

This is an unusual device — a six-inch 2:1 screen, pretty high-res but small, horizontal only. It is shipped with Android configured to resemble the old Psion OS, including a “kicker” that comes up at the press of a dedicated key. There’s Linux support, but it ain’t soup yet. I’m figuring on some touch use, but plan primarily to navigate from the keyboard.

dep