Re: tips on getting TDE to run smoothly

On 2018-02-19 11:30, William Morder wrote:

On Sunday 18 February 2018 23:23:38 Brian Durant wrote:
On February 19, 2018 7:45:45 AM GMT+01:00, Thierry de Coulon
<tcoulon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sunday 18 February 2018 14.41:01 William Morder wrote:
I've been trying out TDE off and on since the project started; ever

since

they killed KDE3, and I looked around for something as usable and

practical

as the KDE3x desktop (which I first used on PC Linux, and later on

Ubuntu

Hardy 8.04).

(...)

In other words, it was the KDE desktop environment, and the default
settings therein, which were interfering with the smooth operation of

TDE.

This could be a *buntu problem. I am running TDE on various Debian
based
distributions as well as openSUSE, *with* KDE 4/5 apps (mostly
kdenlive) and
no such problem.

All of these problems could of course be avoided, regardless of distro, by
installing a base, mini, server (or whatever it is called) version. After
that, you just add the Trinity repos to the list that your distribution
uses.

(...)

Bill

Thierry

Brian

This sounds like it could be a useful suggestion; do a minimal installation,
then add the Trinity repositories.

Bill

Here is my personal check list to make sure that useful items get added to a minimal install:

$ sudo apt-get install clipit axel aria2 aspell-da audacity ripperx xarchiver desktop-base clipit cups gtkorphan gdebi pulseaudio pavucontrol pepperflash wicd synaptic xcfa xorg

I use Devuan Jessie, which doesn't use systemd. The "desktop-base" package are some Devuan goodies.

Hope the list helps.

Brian