Bleah: systemctl enable tdm.service -f / Failed to execute operation: Access denied

Fresh CentOS 7, patched, added repos for EPEL, NUX, whatever else was
listed.  Accidentally installed "trinity-tdebase" first.  Pulled all
those packaged and then installed  "trinity-desktop-all".

"systemctl disable gdm.service" worked and kdm/xdm failed (likely
because I don't have those installed) but this fails:

systemctl enable tdm.service
Failed to execute operation: Access denied

Adding -f to the end doesn't seem to make a difference.  Moderate
googling is not helping!  I've rebooted several times with no apparent
effect.

Since it behaves identically when I try tdm.service as it does when I
try xdm or kdm, is it possible that I'm missing a step somewhere?

This system was Ubuntu+TDE and while I've been fiddling with
RHEL/CentOS for ages, CentOS and it's systemctl are still new to me.
Never was a Fedora person.

--
Peter Laws, BS, MRCP / N5UWY
plaws@xxxxxx