Re: How to make kmail bottom-post by default?

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 05:58:05PM -0600, Leslie Turriff wrote:
> 	Thank you for the lecture, but I was looking for useful information.
> 	My personal preference is to inter-post, but I know that others have
> different views.  If a mailing list explicitly requests that their users top
> or bottom post, according to you I should violate their standards?

As you are doing now?

So, you prefer to interleave, you're on a mailing list that explicitly
says not to top-post, and yet here you are, top-posting. I don't think
you're in a good position to be snarky at my "lecture".

I never said that you should violate mailing list standards, that is you
putting words into my mouth.

I have *never* come across any mailing list that requests that people
post at the very bottom of the entire quoted email ("bottom posting"),
but I have come across a lot of people who wrongly describe interleaved/
in-line posting as "bottom posting" when what they actually mean is to
interleave responses. It's an easy mistake to make, since many replies
will quote only a single block of text, and reply after that, which
looks superficially like bottom-posting.

I'm sorry that my old version of Kmail and I were unable to provide you
with the useful information you desired.

--
Steve