Re: Focus-Follows-Mouse lost mouse-wheel-scroll unless Gtk app is top-level in SUSE KDE3 - Seen in TDE?

On 7/20/24 12:26 AM, deloptes via tde-devels wrote:
David C. Rankin via tde-devels wrote:

Long story short I'm looking for more data points to help narrow down
where/what is causing this. Since this may be a Linux 6.9 or recent
library issue, I thought I would check if TDE has seen anything like this?

you can easily install older kernels and keep the rest the same, so that you
exclude the least probable cause. (not sure if easily is so easy in SuSE
though)

Thank you for the reply!

I have another install on the 5.14 kernel (Leap 15.4) and all is fine there. This is definitely an issue related to kwin. fluxbox on this same system with the 6.9 kernel does not show the issue.

I'm still working to narrow this issue down. xinput hasn't disclosed any difference in how the mouse is seen, so that was a dead-end.

In the interim, I've just added a kmenu entry pointing to a wrapper that sets the environment variable work-around, e.g.

#!/bin/sh

GDK_CORE_DEVICE_EVENTS=1 firefox-esr &

This also could be an issue in Gtk4 and how it doesn't play nice with the mouse events sent by kde3/kwin. Hard to tell where the exact issue is. I'll keep you posted as I find more out.

We got the kmix issue fixed - the new ALSA must be built with the C11 standard options (e.g. --std=c11).

Only other strangeness I see so far with kde3 built on the bleeding edge libs is for some reason Alt-F2 (Run Command) doesn't automatically drop down the combo-box when you start typing a command you have used before. (Alt-DownArrow is required) No guess here either unless there is another missed --std=c11 on libinput or the like -- I'll also report back if I find anything here that may need to be addressed in the TDE build.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.