Re: TDevelop build error

On Friday 31 May 2024 03:31:10 deloptes via tde-devels wrote:
> J Leslie Turriff via tde-devels wrote:
> > Yes.  Lots of stuff there; hard to determine where to start.  I read
> > https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Qt_Designer_and_KDevelop_3.0_for_Beginner
> >s and tried to follow its instructions, which is what prompted me to start
> > this thread.  From other comments on this thread, it seems that this
> > Beginners page is at best misleading.  Maybe instead there should be a
> > page about useful IDEs?
>
> This would work for KDE3 presumably, because it says KDevelop 3.0 and not
> TDevelop. I wouldn't say it is misleading. However I agree that it is hard
> to learn as a beginner.

	I'm currently exploring use of classic Qt tools (tqtdeveloper, tqmake, etc.)
and will continue this discussion in future as necessary.  I will also look
into how this is done using cmake instead.

	Interestingly, though the Kdevelop tools seem to be broken in various ways,
so far the tqt tools are working.  (I was a bit surprised to find them
in /usr/bin instead of /opt/trinity/bin...)

Leslie
--
Platform: Linux
Desktop Environment: Trinity