Re: TDevelop build error

Anno domini 2024 Wed, 29 May 03:22:20 -0500
 J Leslie Turriff via tde-devels scripsit:
> On Wednesday 29 May 2024 02:05:22 deloptes via tde-devels wrote:
> > J Leslie Turriff via tde-devels wrote:
> > > tdeupdalt main.o tdeupdalt.o -ltdeui

> > > Debian-2.2.6b-2ubuntu1, but the

> > > Debian-2.2.6b-2ubuntu1

> > regarding the error
> > it is obvious that it comes from automake process trying libtool and it
> > seems there is version mismatch.
> > I don't know if you know automake tools. If not you should read about them
> > first.
>
> 	Heh.  All of my skills are in the IBM mainframe arena.  I know a teeny bit
> about C++ and make, but beyond that I'm clueless; but I'd like to learn, if
> only I could find a mentor.

I brought this up some months (or maybe years) ago on the list, so you should find it in the archive when you search for libtool and tdevelop or so. tdevelop does not use the autotool templates from your system, but has a rather old version boundled. You can replace the files in question with your correct version from your distribution, but these changes will be gone with the next update.

Nik