Re: TDevelop build error

J Leslie Turriff via tde-devels wrote:

> I thought I would get started with TDE programming, so I'm following the
> steps in the Wiki Development section, "Qt Designer and KDevelop 3.0 for
> Beginners".  I followed the steps for creating the HelloWorld program
> substituting TDevelop for KDevelop, and all went well until the Project
> Build step, which failed, producing this output:

Hi,
unfortunately this is a lot of work to update to the latest TDE build
workflow and I am not sure if someone did something about it.
TDE is moving to cmake and ninja is used to speed up the builds. There are
also the build scripts in the repository. With those scripts you can build
the whole TDE or parts of it.
When I started working with TDE (I must thank here Michele and Slavek for
supporting me) I setup Eclipse (with the C++ view). In Eclipse I setup the
paths of the target (I build in chroot), so that Eclipse can handle the
includes. This way one can get information about functions and classes from
the include files.
As I build in chroot, I can not take advantage of the Eclipse build modules
and run the commands manually in the chroot.
I would still use TDevelop and especially the UI creator to inspect or
create ui files.

I hope it helps

--
FCD6 3719 0FFB F1BF 38EA  4727 5348 5F1F DCFE BCB0