Re: Unmet deps in koffice

On 2023/07/16 03:26 PM, deloptes via tde-devels wrote:
Hi Michele,
so here is one example - applications/office/koffice

It depends on liblcms1-dev but liblcms2-dev is in bookworm
liblcms1 from edeps does not compile because of other dependencies

Setting the control file to liblcms1-dev | liblcms2-dev resolved the
dependency issue but it failed in the process.

Hi Emanoil,
I just built lcms from edeps in trixie in a clean chroot environment without any problem, so maybe you want to doublecheck why it failed on your system. I guess (haven't checked the code) that koffice depends on liblcms1-dev and not liblcms2-dev because the code was not updated to work with liblcms2, which may explain why lcms1 is in edeps (probably Slavek would know better). Updating koffice code to support liblcms2 would definitely be good to do, then we would not need to maintaing lcms1 in edeps (assuming no other packages needs it, otherwise they would also need to be updated).

As I mention, if you use the latest code from TDE main repos and tde-packaging, most of TDE should build fine, pending occasional potential FTBFS due to recent changes in tqt3, which we usual spot pretty quikly anyway.

Cheers
  Michele