Re: Configuring TDM

On 2023-03-09 23:40:44 Darrell Anderson via tde-devels wrote:
> I am trying to configure TDM.
>
> The default is some kind of black background. The login dialog is so
> dark of a gray that I can't read the black text in the dialog. This
> seems to be an os_enterprise theme? Is this the normal default?
>
> Using the TCC Login Manager module I was able to get something usable,
> but I had to manually edit the tdmrc file to Theme= (nothing) to kill
> that dark theme.
>
> The login dialog has a title bar with a caption that says 'Login to
> TDE'. Looking at the code this seems hard-coded? Can this be changed?
> Seems the caption should say 'Login' or possibly be dynamic to whatever
> session the user selects?
>
> Regardless of whatever session I select I get dumped into a terminal
> window shell. Seems something is misconfigured and TDM is not sourcing
> any xsession files.
>
> Appreciate any help.
>
> DA
> Web mail archive available at
> https://mail.trinitydesktop.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/devels@trinitydesk
>top.org

	I'm guessing you're looking at the Color Scheme selector in the Login Manager?  I haven't
there is also the TDM Theme Manager, which provides backdrops, etc.  I customized mine
there by cloning the Minimalist theme because I didn't like the background colour.

Leslie

--
Platform:		GNU/Linux
Hardware:		x86_64