Re: copy/paste fubar from Konsole to mcedit

Anno domini 2022 Sat, 29 Oct 00:46:47 -0400
 Felix Miata scripsit:
> Felix Miata composed on 2022-10-27 18:15 (UTC-0400):
>
> > Attached is example of what happens when selecting and copying Konsole content
> > into a plain text file opened with MCedit (F4 in MC). This instance is from
> > trinity-sb in Bullseye, with window size 132x43, but it's been happening in
> > various distros and various TDE versions 14.0.12 & up. This has been going on for
> > months in more and more installations as time goes on.
> >
> > More and more I find myself needing to redirect output to a file, but it's often
> > not possible to regenerate the same output needed for sharing in a bug, forum post
> > or email.
>
> This attachment is from Mageia 8 with mc-4.8.27, a type repeatable only by
> thinking ahead, and not running it from a vtty.

I have seen this some years ago with "joe" and had been correted a long time ago. IIRC the effect occured when the the text editor had a setting called somthing called "copy indentaion from previous line" enabled and did not care if the text entered was comming from clipboard or entered by the user via keyboard. So when you paste a line with whitspaces at the beginning of the line this happens:
a) on newline/linebreak, the leading whitespaces of the current line are copied to the next line.
b) the curser is placed after these whitespaces
c) the next line is entered - whith the leading whitespaces
So you end up with this mess.

Nik