Re: kdDebug on the fly

On 2022/10/05 05:12 PM, deloptes wrote:
Hi,
I hope someone can assist here. I couldn't come with better title, sorry.

I write a test application and I want to run the compiled code without
installing. So I build using make -f debian/rules build and then run

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/src/testapp
obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/src/testapp/testapp

but I do not get any debugging symbols and no debugging output with kdDebug.
tqDebug works, but this is not what I want.

How can I compile so that I can have the debugging with kdDebug without
building dbgsym packages.

Does someone have an advise.

Hi Emanoil,
first of all, kdDebug and debug symbols are two independent concepts.
dbgsym are symbols that can be used when debugging the program within a debugger like gdb.
kdDebug is a stream object that let you print messages to a stream, regardless of whether you have installed debug symbols or not. If tdelibs is built in release or RelWithDebInfo (in debian), kdDebug won't print any info. If tdelibs is built in debug mode, kdDebug will work as expected.
Cheers
  Michele