Re: 4:14.0.13~pre26-0debian12.0.0+3~a GPU hanging on Bookworm

On 2022/09/24 09:58 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
Same thing happens even with only the DVI display connected. It does not
happen using an IceWM session. If I force use of the intel DDX display
driver instead of the modesetting DIX, then the problem is not exhibited.
Same PC runs Plasma on Tumbleweed and KDE3 on Leap 15.4 with no similar
issues and modesetting DIX. This behavior was first experienced last
June, but it wasn not booted since until upgrading Bookworm today via
apt-get full-upgrade. It also doesn't matter whether i965 or crocus is
used for dri.

Hi Felix,
are the kernel and driver version in Tumbleweed and Leap the same as those in bookworm? That would be the first thing I would check and then do a comparison test with the same versions to confirm/exclude that it is a kernel/driver issue.
Cheers
  Michele