Re: [Fedora 37b] nothing provides 'libjasper.so.4

On Thu, 15 Sep 2022 21:48:01 +0200
François Andriot <francois.andriot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 15/09/2022 à 04:46, Felix Miata a écrit :
> >
> > to force the upgrade to proceed. Is there a source for the required libjasper, or
> > preliminary builds for Fedora 37?
> >
> > I've already done this on at least two systems in recent weeks, and have noted no
> > issues opening a TDE session from TDM.
>

> Hello Felix,
>
> thanks for reporting.
>
> I'm currently building the 14.0.12 packages for Fedora 37 (beta), using
> the patch from Slavek that allows tdelibs to build with Jasper3.
>
> I'll let you know when packages are available.

It might be worth considering porting the jpeg 2000 support to the openjpeg
library (which is what the few other packages supporting this format seem to
be using now) and getting rid of the jasper dependency altogether.

Personally, I'd just drop the jpeg 2000 support altogether, since I've never seen
an image using it "in the wild" (it is *not* the same file format as ordinary jpeg),
but others may have had different experiences.

E. Liddell