Re: Re mail.com Security Notice: Deactivation of TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and unencrypted access

On Tuesday 13 of September 2022 23:58:01 J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> On 2022-09-13 09:52:14 Slávek Banko wrote:
> > Dne út 13. září 2022 J Leslie Turriff napsal(a):
> > > 	I suppose that this is the same thing that happened with gmail.com,
> > > yes?
> > >
> > > Leslie
> >
> > Hi Leslie,
> >
> > I think this is another case. While Google requires OAuth2 (if I
> > correctly understood it from previous comments), here is "only"
> > required to use stronger encryption in establishing SSL communication.
> > For SSL libraries that are not too old versions, it should be natural
> > behavior, so it should not have any visible consequence.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> 	If I understand you, this is an issue of the underlying OS and not of
> KMail itself?
>
> Leslie
> Operating System:	Linux
> Distribution:		openSUSE Leap 15.4 x86_64
> Desktop Environment:	Trinity
> 	Qt:   	  	3.5.0
> 	TDE:	  	R14.0.12
> 	tde-config:	1.0

Yes, according to the information on the required version of the TLS, I
assume that it depends on the system and the version of the SSL library.
It is the SSL library who negotiates about the protocols of communication.
The second related problem may be a system list of trusted certification
authorities.

Cheers
--
Slávek